Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earth Run 2010, 04.18.2010

One of my cheap ways of keeping healthy is to walk and/or jog. So i have this goal to participate in one fun run per month in 2010 (if it's not raining). I had one in January and March, none in February. For April, i joined the Earth Run held at Bonifacio High Street, Taguig. I was able to convince my daughter, sister and bro-in-law to run with me. We all registered for the 3K run.
On the day of the race, we woke up late at 415am and hurried up to make the 525am call time for 3K. We met my sister and her husband and took some photos via our cellphones. We were all excited as this was their first time to participate in a fun run.

As the organizer called the 3K participants, we joined the other runners behind the starting line. The gun fired and runners began to run. Since there was no timing chip provided and no separate timer for each category , we had to take note of our start and finish time.
After 20 mins and 10 secs, i crossed the 3k finish line. My daughter and sister clocked at 32 mins +. Am not sure of my brother-in-law's time. After changing clothes, we went to Mcdonald's for the much needed carbo-loading. We had so much fun and vowed to do it again..Nature Valley run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment