Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Public Ride Part 1

It's been almost 4 months now since our team moved from Cyberone in Eastwood to Eton Cyberpod, Ortigas. I have gotten used to taking the public transpo.

i enjoy riding the MRT. It's fast and airconditioned;I am able to save on shuttle fare. I take the MRT whenever i dont drive to work. I need to save on gasoline expense .I either board the Taft Ave or Magallanes Station. I can easily get a seat at Taft Avenue station as it is the end station while in Magallanes, chances of getting a seat are slim. I always get a stored value card @Php100. I hate the long queue .I wonder why people opt to toe the line when they can breeze through the turnstile using a value card. On the dark (?) side ,it is so frustrating that vendo machines are not available (in Hongkong ,Singapore, Australia there are plenty of vendo machines to buy the train cards). Also, the entrance and exit turnstiles are few. During the morning and afternoon rush hours , people entering and exiting certain stations are running to be first in line as the queue gets longer. It's really chaotic. Take for example, Ortigas Station where i exit every morning. There are 2 entrances and 2 exits. Who in his right mind will enter Ortigas station early in the morning! In my daily experience, just one or two enter Ortigas Station in the morning. The exiting commuters outnumbered those entering Ortigas station by 50-60 people in one stop!!! I can also see the Guadalupe station that hordes of commuters exit between 5pm-7pm and there are only 2 exits..you can just imagine the longest queue ever.

Why can't MRT staff and management see this commuter's predicament . why cant they increase the
exits--close one entrance not being used and make it an exit. Why cant they add more counters , more security guards to lessen the queues. Why can't MRT management get out of their offices and personally check the condition of the MRT to see what's lacking and what can be improved on. why, why

Yes it is obvious that I drool over other countries' efficient mass transport system, disciplined commuters, good governance and everything nice. with the coming election, am hoping for a change.

anyway, i'll just have to contend myself with riding the MRT and dream...ang layo na nang narating ko, wake up , wake up.. (by the way, it's prohibited to take photos inside the train and the station..i stole some few shots.)

No comments:

Post a Comment