Sunday, July 31, 2016

Return to Manly Beach

It has been 9 years since I last visited Manly Beach. It was a business trip back in 2007 and now in 2016 the trip was for a short vacation.

We took the Manly ferry from Circular Quay using our Opal cards. It was early winter and it was quite windy and chilly. We opted to seat inside the ferry where it was warmer. I went out on the open area from time to time to take photo of the harbour and other interesting sights.




 I wanted to feel the cool breeze on my face but it was too cold so I went inside and chat with my partner. The cabin was clean and comfortable. There's a monitor which showed how many more minutes til we arrive at Manly wharf. The trip was about 30 minutes.

Arriving at Manly wharf, we took the mandatory photo before crossing the street going to the Corso.


 The Corso is a pedestrian plaza with shopping stores and food outlets. You will pass this area before reaching the beach.



We stopped at a dining area and ordered our fish and chips at Manly Ocean Foods. This food outlet serves several combination of seafood and chips. You know it's good when there's a long queue outside.







Many seagulls flock to this area waiting for visitors to throw chips at them. Be watchful as the birds can sneak and steal your  food.




The beach was at the end of the walkway . It still the same wide, clean beach with powdery off white sands as it was nine years ago.


 It has a long boardwalk where one can stroll end to end. There's a public restroom nearby. Most visitors occupied the benches just passing off the time. Though there were some brave surfers doing their stuff.



We found a bench and rested and enjoyed the view.

I wanted to walk on the beach so I removed my shoes and walked barefooted on the beach.


I felt the cold sands under my feet. It was a relaxing moment. I walked near the shore to feel the how cold the water was. It was refreshing.  I took several photos of the beach and the surroundings.




We stayed for over an hour and we had fun though short.

No comments:

Post a Comment