Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Taiwan Revisited 2019 , Day 1

My second visit to Taiwan was a solo trip. I missed my travelmate and am sure my partner is always with me in spirit.

I went to places which we did not visit the first time we went to Taiwan.  Like the first time, I used mostly the MRT, TRA and HSR to reach well known places. I got my wifi and easycard which are part of my travel essentials.
Hello Kitty Edition of Easy Card @NTD100
NATIONAL PALACE MUSEUM
I was not able to get inside the museum because there were tons of tourists and I felt unpleasant jostling for position to view the exhibits. I wandered outside and gazed at the beautiful facade and courtyard of the museum









How to get to National Palace Museum

Take  MRT Red Line and alight at Shilin Station (士林). Exit and walk towards the highway, look for the bus stop and ride Bus R30 to National Palace Museum.  Fare is NTD 17

CHIANG  KAI SHEK MEMORIAL HALL
This sprawling complex consists of Front Gate, National Concert Hall, National Theatre and the Memorial Hall.
The Memorial Hall structure is white with four sides and has an octagonal blue roof. There are two stairways with 89 step each, the number of which is the age of Chiang Kai Shek when he died.




How to get to CKS Memorial Hall

Take the MRT green or red line and alight at Chiang Kai-shek Memorial station. Follow the direction upon exit to arrive at the side of the National Concert Hall

FISHERMAN'S WHARF & LOVER'S BRIDGE 
Located at Tamsui District , this place is very scenic spot situated at the Tamsui river.
The Lover's Bridge is so called as it was started on February 14. The white cabled bridge is about 196 meters and it is a great spot to watch the sunset. The bridge changes its color at nighttime. There are restaurants along the boardwalk and there is a boat cruise  for a fee.







How to get to Fisherman's Wharf

Take the MRT Red Line to Tamsui Station ( last station)  and then transfer to Bus Red-26, 836, or 837.





No comments:

Post a Comment