Sunday, June 8, 2014

Busay Falls, Malilipot, Albay

For our 3rd day in Legazpi, we went to Busay Falls. We hailed a jeepney near Pacific Mall bound for Tabaco City. Luckily, the driver of the jeepney is from Malilipot and he is glad to know that we are going to to Busay Falls. Fare is Php20 per person. After about 30 minute travel, we arrived at the turnout for Busay Falls.


We rode a motorized tricycle that would take us to the falls. Unlike the unpaved, rugged road leading to Bolinao Falls in Pangasinan, the road to Busay Falls was fully cemented. We saw rice fields, lush greenery,coconut trees before reaching the main parking lot of the falls.

We paid the driver Php50 and asked if he can return to pick us up after 2 hours.The entrance fee is Php10 per person and if you like to have get a bamboo cottage, it cost Php100.

From the main entrance, a short hike will bring you to the first fall.


Water cascading at around 40 feet and falling below a pool. The water is clear and cool.


 Some rocks were arranged to form a path to the other side. I regret not bringing extra clothes for swimming. I settled for a dip in the cool water. I saw a washroom with toilet and for a small fee of Php5 ,you can use either to pee or change clothing. It is clean and with running water.


I got a male guide to take me to the 2nd and 3rd fall. It was an uphill climb and I found myself short of breath due to the ascent. The 2nd fall is small while the 3rd is a twin fall.

 Though there are 4 more falls, I didnt go further than the 3rd waterfall. I gave my guide Php200 though it can be Php100. I was thinking that this guy will not have income during rainy season.

 I am very glad that the local officials have seen the potential of this place and made efforts to have the roads paved and provide big parking space for visitors.  We had a wonderful time at Busay Falls. If you're in Bicol, do visit this natural wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment